I’m going to send my Valentine to Elvis not to you
Because the King has pledged to love me tender, love me true.
You don’t have to say you love me when we are together
But this empty drudgery you create leaves me wondering whether
You’d notice if I walked round nude, or left for someone cuter -
I doubt you’d even look up from the game on your computer.
Until the food ran out you wouldn’t notice I’d departed
And this casual negligence leaves me cold, I’m broken hearted.
All I’m asking from you is you try, you treat me nice
If you could even notice that I’m here it would suffice
At this point I’d consider it a romantic manoeuvre
If you could pick up washing from the floor, and maybe hoover.
I’m lonesome tonight, every night you ditch me for your friends
And these days it’s just habit you don’t try to make amends.
If you want to have your freedom to go on another bender
Pack a bag and go back to your folks; return to sender.
It seems I’ve let myself accept this crap for far too long
The only romance in my day is from an Elvis song.
The King, he promises to love me tender, love me true
So I’m going to send my Valentine to Elvis, not to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment